Tips For Finding Daycare Grants For Single Mothers

Bookmark and Share

by Denise on December 17, 2010 · 0 comments

in Childcare

Going to school, going to work, and handling everyday chores and errands is enough to drive anybody a little nuts. Add being a single mother into the mix and you can see how you might need a little help along the way.

But there’s no doubt daycare can be very expensive. If you aren’t lucky enough to have family around to provide the care your child needs while you are at work or school, how can you afford quality daycare? Daycare grants for single moms might be the answer.

Many schools offer daycare grants for students who are going back to school and need some assistance. The state you are in might also offer daycare grants, which would be paid by the government, under the auspices of the Department of Human Services. If you qualify for food stamps, you will probably qualify for daycare grants as well.

You can also seek the help of the federal government. If you are a legal citizen in the United States and over the age of 18, you might be eligible. grants through the government will help pay for daycare if you meet certain criteria, specifically if you are trying to start your own business, or contribute to the economy in some other way. The welfare of your children is considered paramount, but the government also wants everyone to be a contributing member of society… so giving you a shot at opening up your own business or going back to school is something the government will try to help you with if at all possible.

If you are a student, your chances of getting a grant are even greater. If you are in a minority, live in an impoverished area, or have skills that can be used for the good of public services (such as a nursing degree or experience as a teacher’s aide), you can translate those skills into a measurable grant that will allow you to continue to contribute while taking care of your children at the same time.

Want to look further into daycare grants. Start with your local college or university if you are a student. Talk to the Department of Human Services. They can give you further information on both state and federal grants that might be able to help you. Finally, visit to search for information that might help.

About Denise

As a mom to three girls Denise knows the difficulties of being a single parent. Denise has been working to help single moms across the country since 2007. In her free time Denise enjoys camping, riding four wheelers and just spending time with her family.

More Single Moms Resources

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post:

Join The Single Mom Community